1. friday morning trying to leave the house for work with 200 little toys, a laptop, camera, and purse (a daily madness).
2. pit stop at sherman's icecream on our drive into michigan.
3. this is all mine.
4. i love america.
5. dairy bar.
6. picking up fresh eggs from the farm.
7. stalks of rhubarb.
8. bowl full of cold cherries and blueberries.
9. a walk in tall grass.
11. little person, big tree .
we took a trip to michigan this weekend. it had been too long since our last trip and we desperately needed to get up there to cut the grass. on the way we stopped for some mint chocolate chips, the family favorite flavor, and a farm for some fresh eggs. an amish family owns the farm. they were so kind when we arrived. they picked lilacs for isabelle and let her play with the animals. they had a pony, rabbits, baby ducklings, and chickens. she was amazed. i realized i know little about the amish way of life, i would like to learn more. when we arrived at the cabin we made lasagna and baked a rhubarb tart. gabe cut the grass for hours. only takes five minutes for him to drop the city life and hop on the tractor. isabelle watched the little mirmaid for the first time. we ate breakfast outside and searched for frogs in the pond. i've had so many things on my mind lately, questioning what i'm doing with my life, and what i can be doing better. a long car ride always helps.